Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > NEW UPDATES HOW MUCH & WHEN WILL THEY BE...
NEW UPDATES HOW MUCH & WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE?

27613 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-17 08:38:50

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-09-16 20:03:41
     AUTEL IS RELEASING THE NEW MAXISYS AND MAXISYS MINI. I HOPE AUTEL HAS FIXED ALOT OF THE SOFTWARE ISSUES THAT THE MAXIDAS DS708 HAS HAD IN THE PAST. I FEEL THAT IF AUTEL HAS NOT FIXED THEIR SOFTWARE ISSUES THE SALES OF THEIR NEW MAXISYS WILL FAIL! ALOT OF AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS HERE IN THE U.S MAKE FUN OF THE MAXIDAS DS708 AND IT'S INABILITY TO PERFORM ALL OF THE FUNCTIONS AUTEL CLAIMS IT CAN DO. IF AUTEL CAN FIX AT LEAST 90-95% OF THEIR SOFTWARE PROBLEMS THE SALES OF THEIR NEW SCAN TOOLS COULD BE GREAT. I JUST HOPE THAT IF AUTEL HAS FIXED THEIR SOFTWARE IT WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE FOR THE DS708 NOT JUST THE NEW MAXISYS. ALSO THE PRICE OF $799 U.S DOLLARS TO UPDATE IS WAY TOO MUCH. YOU CAN BUY A NEW DS708 FOR $1200 NEW. I HOPE THIS PRICE WILL CHANGE AS WELL.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-17 04:32:07 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

Hi, thanks for your advice. Our engineers have acumulated a lot of experiences while dealing with DS708 problems, so we have improved a lot in our new models. You can try it by yourself.
    As for the software update fee, later when our new website is online, you can pay in our site. There will be some favorite plans for our users.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-09-17 07:56:03 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     YOU SAY THAT AUTEL HAS IMPROVED THE NEW MODELS BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DS708? WILL THE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATES BE AVAILABLE FOR THE DS708. ALOT OF TECHNICIANS HERE IN THE U.S ARE NOT GOING TO BUY A NEW SCAN TOOL FROM AUTEL IF THE SOFTWARE PROBLEMS ARE NOT FIXED FOR THE DS708 AS WELL. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE GRAPHING PROBLEM CANT BE FIXED IN THE DS708 BUT IT HAS ALOT OF FUNCTIONS THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND ALOT OF MIS-SPELLED WORDS AS WELL AS MIS-LEADING PID INFORMATION SUCH AS COOLANT TEMPS READING 900 DEGREES, INJECTOR BALANCE TESTS ON GM VEHICLES THAT WHEN USED IT SHUTS THE ENGINE OFF, UNABLE TO PERFORM BCM REGISTRATION ON SOME GM VEHICLES, ALOT OF CHRYSLER BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROLS DO NOT WORK. YES I HAVE DATA LOGGED THE PROBLEMS AND SENT THEM TO AUTEL WITH NO REPLIES AND AUTEL HAS NOT RELEASED ANY NEW UPDATES FOR THE DS708 IN OVER A MONTH! SO AGAIN IF AUTEL CANT FIX SOFTWARE PROBLEMS IN THE DS 708 WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A NEW SCAN TOOL FOR MORE MONEY WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS!

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-20 04:55:48 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

Don't worry, DS708 is still our focus product. We will release a lot of new programs at the end of this month. We postpone the new release due to the deadline for new products.
    Sorry your datalog did not get any response. Next time pls try to send the datalog file to support@auteltech.com. Well, with someone to push this problem, I believe it will be fixed soon.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    scott

2013-09-22 01:08:41 (Reply to:Autel Support)

What good will all the updates to fix problems do if you have timed out the updates for allot of scan tool owners this month.  I'm a iatn member and you have tens of thousands of these units sold to these techs all around the world on this sight. They are wondering if they should move on and look at the other scanners on the market,  because of the way the company has done this without warning to the owners of the tool.

•   Level 5   
    (254) points
    De Technician

2013-09-22 08:59:25 (Reply to:scott)

i cant agree
     more with u  there is  more 708  sold now than the 908   unless we can cash in the 708 and pay the different including down time for us cause we need the tool

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-24 05:13:07 (Reply to:scott)

In our package or in our manual, we promise one-year free update. We never said the update will be free in your life. So when your free update period is expired, it is pretty logic to pay for the update.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    scott

2013-09-24 06:12:17 (Reply to:Autel Support)

That is not the point being made here. The software issues should not have to be paid for in the update price PERIOD..   The tool  should function the way it was intended without extra expense PERIOD..  Or all the professional's in this field will look for a company that takes care of there customers. I'm sorry if you feel different about this but the company will stand to loose allot of future sales. Good day..

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-25 01:51:03 (Reply to:scott)

There may be some misunderstanding here.  Let me say it again here.  We offer one-year free update, so our users can log in our site and do as many times as possible to update their tools in one year after registration...
    After one year, if you want to pay for the update, it is fine.
    If you don't want to, it is also fine with us, you can keep your programs in the DS708, and the tool still works OK , but you can't get the latest update programs...
    I don't think it is not right.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    scott

2013-09-25 14:49:47 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Updating the tool to cover newer models and  functions should be done with a updated price agreed. Fixing the software that has already been down loaded should not be part of the updating price.  If you can not understand that then there is little hope here for your ds708 or your new models being sold.  I  cant understand why a company would want a reputation of a product that leaves the professional tech wondering if they made the right purchase.  Scott
  Total3 Pages